Living Our Dream

Welcome to our blog. We hope you will find this an interesting place to visit as we update you on our products and why we think they are the best anywhere. We want to give you a chance to get to know us as we get to know you. Hopefully we will be able to offer you some helpful hints to make your life better. We are so happy to be doing what we are doing at this time in our life. We are living our dream and we invite you to come along with us as we grow together.

Evelyn & Debbie

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hardy's Bisquits

My first love was cooking. That was before I got into making wonderful soy candles and soy based natural bath and body products. I spend most of my time creating new ideas for our lotions, soaps and scrubs. But occasionly I go back to my favorite recipe's and indulge in my passion for creating comfort food, one of which I am going to share with you today. Have you ever pulled into a Hardy's Drive Thru and could not wait for the car in front of you to move on so you could get that mouth watering Bacon egg and cheese bisquit? Well I have, which made me go on the quest to find the recipe. My family has enjoyed this for years and now I am ready to share it with you. I know we are all very busy but I make them on a Saturday or Sunday and freeze them until ready to use.

5 cups self rising flour
1 cup crisco
2 pkgs yeast
1/4 cup warm water
2tsp sugar
1tsp soda
2 cups buttermilk

Mix together flour, sugar and soda. Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. Add 1 cup crisco to flour mixture and mix well. Add buttermilk and then yeast mixture. Stir well and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 400.

You will never have to wait in a drive thru again because they are wonderful to freeze and warm in the microwave.

No comments: