Living Our Dream

Welcome to our blog. We hope you will find this an interesting place to visit as we update you on our products and why we think they are the best anywhere. We want to give you a chance to get to know us as we get to know you. Hopefully we will be able to offer you some helpful hints to make your life better. We are so happy to be doing what we are doing at this time in our life. We are living our dream and we invite you to come along with us as we grow together.

Evelyn & Debbie

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A wedding on the Holston River

Wow, I just have to talk about the wedding of Josh and Cynthia Maples. I am what you might call a wedding director (using the term loosely) I am one of the wedding directors at my church where everything is done the same way for all weddings. Sometimes I step out on my own and direct weddings for friends and family. That is what I did last week for my adoptive nephew.....I will explain adoptive later. It was a very warm evening in East Tennessee 98 degrees to be exact and we were on the banks of the beautiful Holston River For the wedding of Josh & Cynthia. I have to tell you that these two young people are remarkable. They were so laid back and so much in love that they were not thinking of themselves. They just wanted their guest to have fun and share in the beginning of their life together. They got married in front of an ivy covered arbor with the Holston River and our wonderful mountains in the background. They were all barefoot including the bride, with the men wearing linen drawstring pants and white linen shirts. Both the bride and groom only had two attendendant's who were their best friends . I have to say they made me proud. I have known Josh from birth. And now I need to explain adoptive. Josh's family owns the company that I work for. I have been working there thirty four years. There is a brother and two sisters (the father has passed).
and one sister has retired. Which leaves one sister and one brother but there are other cousins. So on my 60Th birthday, which was eight years ago they decided to adopt me. We didn't go through the court but I do have a certificate making me an official cousin.
Now back to the bride and groom. What a gracious couple. It makes be believe in young people again. In 98 degree weather not one complaint from either one of them. Their attendant's were so pleasant to work with and I can't say enough about the groomsman who seated everyone with such poise and laughter in the overpowering heat. I was one of the last to leave along with with the mother of the groom. As we looked out over the beautiful landscape, the river running as it has for centuries and the mountains in the background we said "this is good". The two people who started their new life together tonight gives us hope for our future.

No comments: